COVID-19 SANITISATION PROCEDURE
Please note that we plan to reopen the Giles Norman Townhouse on the 1st December 2020 subject to Ireland returning to Level 2 restrictions. If Ireland does not return to Level 2 on the 1st December 2020, the Townhouse will not reopen and your booking may be subject to cancellation.
PLEASE NOTE: All guests will be asked to complete a Covid-19 questionnaire & self-declaration form upon check-in with the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who is confirmed with having the Covid-19 virus?
- Do you live in the same household with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19 or who has been in isolation within the last 14 days?
- Do you have any of the following typical Covid-19 symptoms: fever, high temperature, persistent couging or breathing difficulties / shortness of breath?
- Have you returned to the Island of Ireland from another country within the last 14 days (if yes, please advise us of the details)? Please see Ireland's Covid-19 green list here; passengers from any other location not on this list are asked to restrict their movements for 14 days.
You will be requested to leave the Townhouse if you answer YES to the above questions: 1, 2 or 3.
Giles Norman Townhouse is committed to the protection of all guests and employees from any factor that could be harmful to their health and safety on our premises. We are constantly monitoring the ongoing situation of COVID-19 to ensure that our guests have a safe and pleasant stay with us.
The following steps have been implemented to ensure the safety of all our valued guests and employees:
1. We have a team in place to address all queries on a day-to-day basis, whether it be concerning guests or employees, and to ensure that appropriate communication and coordination takes place internally to swiftly implement government and HSE recommended best practice.
2. A number of best practice measures are in place in order to mitigate risk, and regular communication is given to employees on required procedures.
3. We are in regular contact with local health authorities and are following their instructions about public health measures.
4. We have increased handwashing and sanitation frequency and protocol for all staff members.
5. We have implemented additional sanitizing stations in our reception areas of the hotel for guests and employees with additional hand sanitizer.
6. Frequent sanitization with hospital-grade disinfectant is taking place on all publicly used surfaces, particularly focusing on any touch points such as stairwells, the front desk, handrails, doorways, and laundry areas.
7. Our Front of House team will have a stock of disposable disinfectant wipes available to disinfect surfaces between guests and to disinfect room keys.
8. Thorough cleaning and sanitization of all bedrooms is conducted prior to check-in using hospital-grade cleaning products. Disinfectants are used during the routine cleaning of each room and extra attention is being paid to areas such as televisions, remote controls, tables, door knobs, light switches, desks, toilets, faucets and sinks.
9. Addition of disinfectant to the laundry process; all bed linen and towels will be washed in line with HSE requirements.
10. Employees working in accommodation departments are wearing gloves to avoid any risk to them and to our guests.